|Bella cuddling with granddaughter's doll|
My best purchases usually come from recommendations from friends or from online forums. I belong to many schnauzer and dog groups on both Facebook and Google+. I also regularly visit a professional groomers forum. I love being able to research and purchase items from my home, then have it delivered to my door. It saves me from making purchases that I am not happy with.
I thought I would dedicate this blog to the items I have recently purchased for my dogs. If you are interested, you can check them out on Amazon and read their reviews as well. I always read through the positive, the negative and the most recent reviews. You can get a great feel for the product that way.
*If you buy one of these items by clicking on the pictures below, I will receive a small commission (very small 😏) but it will not change the price for you.
1. Dog Hair Dryer - I groom my own dogs and thought this high velocity dog dryer might be a little more efficient than my own hair dryer. It had over 600 reviews and four stars. I didn't want to spend much over $50 and this was a good buy.
I have used this on two of my dogs and both were a little skeptical at the loud noise and the velocity of the air. However, I don't feel it was much, if any, louder than a regular hair dryer. Initially, I held the nozzle a foot away from them when drying until they got used to the feel of the pressure of the air. I am amazed at how fast they were dry with a nice, soft texture to their fur.
2. Cordless Clippers - I have a pair of corded clippers and was looking for a pair that was not heavy and one that I didn't constantly have to deal with the cord getting in my way. It makes my dogs nervous when the cord lands on their back or head. The research I did on the professional groomer's forum lead me to this one. The pro's tend to buy clippers in the $400 to $500 range, however, this one got mentioned over and over as a lower cost option.
I also bought the snap-on stainless steel combs which turned out to be a great investment because I can use these for my schnauzers' legs instead of having to scissor them, which takes me forever. Their legs looked very even and smooth using these combs.
3. Straight grooming scissors - I have several cheap pairs but wanted a good pair of scissors that weren't too long and had a ball tip for safety. This brand recommendation came from the professional groomers' forum. It really does make a big difference using a good pair of scissors.
4. Dog Cot - My trainer uses these to teach the command "Place". They are a great dog landing spot. I now have three: two small and one medium. I plan to take them with us when we travel this summer to the lake and on vacation. They are up off the ground, therefore not quite as accessible to the fleas and ticks, not to mention dirt and grass. The center of these are mesh and will help keep them cool. They also have a canopy you can buy to shade them from the sun.
This cot has almost 1000 reviews and is rated 4-1/2 stars.
(5) Earthbath All Natural Shampoo - I bought the Aloe & Oatmeal with the vanilla and almond scent. Mmmmm, heavenly smell and leaves their coat soft and silky. All ingredients are natural, biodegradable, and gentle. This product does not contain anything that would harm your pet or the environment: No DEA, parabens, phosphates, synthetic dyes, or perfumes. This shampoo has almost 2000 positive reviews on Amazon.
|Earthbath All Natural Shampoo|
(6) Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover - Schnauzers are notorious for having awful teeth and gums so I am trying to give my dogs every dental advantage. I brush their teeth, give them elk antlers and rope toys to gnaw on and add this tartar remover liquid to their water.
|Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover|
(7) Vetoquinol Ear Cleansing Solution - None of my dogs have ever had an ear infection. My groomer uses this on all the dogs that she grooms and suggested I use it when I groom them at home. It cleans, dries, acidifies, and deodorizes the ear canal.
|Vetoquinol Ear Cleansing Solution|
(8) Musher's Secret Pet Paw Protection Wax - I noticed my dogs paw pads getting really dry and rough this winter. I knew I couldn't put any lotion on them because they would simply lick it off. This stuff is amazing. You massage a little into their paw pads and it not only moisturizes them, it gives them protection from road salt, hot pavement or sand, and ice. It also does a great job giving them more traction if you have slippery floors.
|Musher's Secret Pet Paw Protection Wax|
It is a great quality leather with a metal buckle and still looks new after months of wear.
|Personalized Dog Collar|
(10) Leather Flower Dog Collar - This collar is just adorable. I ordered the soft pink with flowers and it looks great on my solid black, salt and pepper or the platinum girls. It is actually a faux leather so it is softer than new leather.
|Flower Pet Dog Collars|
|Just hangin out...|