Hello Schnauzer Friends!
I have been traveling with my dogs for over 40 years. I have taken them to lakes, oceans, mountains & campgrounds. We have stayed in hotels, beach houses, and many different types of RV's. We have traveled with one, to as many as five, dogs at a time. Actually for the past two years, it's been five. As I am writing this post, we are in route to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in our motorhome.
|Daisy Traveling in the Motorhome|
Why Do I Love Traveling With My Dogs?
- I know they are being cared for properly.
- I know they are eating & are not on a hunger strike.
- I don't keep having that feeling that "something is missing".
- You have more money to spend since you won't be paying for kenneling and in my case that would be big bucks for five dogs.
- You don't have to work your departure and return time around the kennel's hours.
- I always have my sweet teddy bears to love on and cuddle with.
Getting Accustomed to Traveling in a Vehicle
|This is how they roll...|
|Daisy & I cuddling|
Feeding & water
|Lounging on their cots|
Stopping at Rest Areas & Gas Stations
|We always have a full backseat|
Be Careful at Campgrounds
Leaving Your Dog in an RV
|Naps are better shared...|
Bring Along Familiar Items
- dog food
- bottled water
- dog bowls
- dog diapers (for elderly dog)
- dental water additive
- grooming supplies such as brush, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, scissors, nail clippers, clippers, Wondercide flea spray, dog shampoo, ear wipes
- extra collars
- flashing light clip on's (for night walking)
- tick twister
- cot for outside relaxing